Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Countryside hike
This is M! The English weather is unpredictable and the sun is rare, but for some reason, we've been blessed with mild temperatures and sunshine (most of the time!). We had a backpacker staying with us for a bit, so I took her on a several-mile hike out in the country. We packed up, loaded ourselves and the dog onto the train and got off out in the middle of nowhere. We hiked through farms, wooded areas, past a Duke's mansion (we've yet to be invited). Here are some pictures from our day out! Alt3.hough I do not have pictures of it, I must tell you about it. Ethan and I were chased (semi-violently) by sheep. Embarrassing at it is to admit, its true. Part of the hike is thru pastures and there are sheep grazing. Ethan startled them a bit and they scattered; so I thought. A few minutes pass and I hear "bbbaaaaaa--bbbaaaa". I turn around and there is the mafia--staring (you'd be amazed at their eye contact) and yelling at me, hopping on their hind legs. I left my poor backpacker/visitor behind because they didn't care that she was taking pictures--they wanted me and E. So, a chase begins and I instantly start thinking insane things:
1. Are these on the list of animals that are fast but you don't know they are (aka: grizzly bears), can they climb trees?
2. Do I zigzag? No, that's alligators.
3. Do I let the dog go and dive into the river? Can they swim?
4. If I am hooved to death, I want Ben to make up some other glorious story as to why I am no longer around.
Needless to say, we outran them and we are safe, but it was not pretty. Once Abra (our visitor) sends me pictures (and the movie!) I will post them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes!
Hahaa!! Michelle you crack me up! Love the "Mafia" bit :-) xx
need to take some sheep herding lessons from wallace and gromit... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9QeosTh7w
Post a Comment