This is M...a brief catch up...
My internship at EUP ended at the end of February, just in time for me to pick up lots of freelance work. I was traveling to Edinburgh 3 days per week in addition to teaching my classes and freelance editing. I've always been one to take on multiple jobs/projects at once, but this experience definitely takes the cake. I was waking at 4.45am to let the dog out, catching a 6.25 train to Edinburgh, starting work at 8.15 and heading home around 4 (getting to Newcastle around 6). Not an easy schedule to maintain (or to maintain my sanity while being sleep-deprived).
All this being said, I've managed to come out with a perfect lifestyle. I am writing lots of educational materials, along with copyediting an academic volume, and more work on the academic side in the pipeline. I am very busy, but am able to pack B's lunch and get him out the door (I mean that in a nice way), walk or run the dog when I want to, practice yoga, do my choreography much more easily, and cook (and apparently blog!) This lifestyle is making me a very disciplined at-home worker, and I reward myself with good skype sessions:) It's also nice to be able to work side-by-side with B as I do my work and he finishes his book!
It has been gorgeous weather here--- sunny almost everyday.I hope I didn't just jinx it.
Today is my niece's birthday, her first one! Happy Birthday Veda! I am so sad that I am not able to be there for the party--she is so adorable. My mom texted this from her birthday party.
Recently, my very dear friend Emma and I made a trip to London to experience Bikram Yoga in all its hotness, and to go to Whole Foods---it was like a slice of home! I bought Frank's Red Hot, yessss!! Not just that, but that was certainly a very exciting part. More pictures to follow as soon as I can pull them from my phone!
I've managed to snag Heather a cheesy Royal wedding gift! Lots of people are having Royal wedding parties--there are several party favors and signs for sale around here.
I am gearing up to visit Robin who is making a trip back to the UK. She is going to be staying in Derby so I will go meet here there to hang out for a couple days.
B and I are leaving in a couple weeks for out first trip to Spain. We are going to Malaga, Granada, and Seville...I can't wait! Sun, tapas, and wine. That's all I need!
Ok, there's amy brief check in, more soon!
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yea! Royal Wedding!!!!
Post a Comment