A quick story:
I had the real privilege of working with the university theatre company last night. They are putting on a production of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" and asked me to participate in a talk-back session with the director discussing the historical context of the 1960s USA before the play. It was super-fun with great questions and dialogue, and we thoroughly enjoyed the performance (as well as the free tickets--very good seats--and accompanying free glasses of wine!)
It got even better when we left the theatre in search of dinner. We went with our friends to an Italian/pizza place near the city centre, and shortly after we sat, we were informed that there we would receive a round of prosecco for the table on the house. Apparently the house manager of the restaurant is one of M's devoted zumba clients and wanted to make sure we enjoyed our stay at her place!
Ah, to be folks about town. :)
We are off to Spain tomorrow early (I suppose I should be packing....). Forecast is for clouds/rain most of the weekend, but we are hoping that is sheer nonsense. Even so, we are eager for a little bit of adventure! Stay tuned for photos and impressions....
PS yes, this means we are completely missing the royal wedding.
PPS honestly, no one here cares about the royal wedding....
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe you're missing the Royal wedding!!! :-o I've put Union Jack bunting around my whole flat, baked Will and Kate cookies and have a bottle of bubbly ready for when they are pronounced man and wife :-) hahaa! only kidding ;-) I am gonna tune in tho....gotta check out the dress and hair :-D
xoxo
Post a Comment